Monday, July 20, 2009

A visit to St. Augustine

At the Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine....
Today I made a quick trip up to Publix (because I absolute CANNOT keep food in the house with all these kids!!) and then after picking Clay up from school, we drove to St. Augustine. The nation's oldest city. Which is pretty funny to the two French kids....not their idea of old, at all!! We walked around the fort a bit, and then shopped on St. George Street. They were able to find a couple of little souvenirs for their parents, so that's a good thing!

Tim left this morning for a three day trip to Paris - he'll back Wednesday night. Just in time for panic and stress mode to set in for moi as I try to get myself AND all four kids packed and make sure we have passports, tickets, boarding passes, snacks for the airport, reading material, cameras, money, etc. etc. Ugh.

Wednesday will be a crazy day as well because Gracie is getting spayed and we have a couple of doctor appointments scheduled for the afternoon. So....since Wednesday is busy, and Thursday will be crazy with packing, etc....I think I am going to try to take the kids to the beach one more time tomorrow afternoon. By myself. Wish me luck!
 
Blog Design by April Showers