Sunday, October 18, 2009

Soccer - VK style

Saturday afternoon family soccer game. Van Kuiken style. What that means is we play by traditional soccer rules. Plus we make a few up! It started as Mom and Dad vs. Clay and Paige. But I quickly realized that me + running + the crocs I was wearing = I became the "team photographer"!
Tim introduced the kids to the famous "Pretend you are a pregnant lady" play....
And the "pretend you are a hunchback" play....
A couple of times during the "game" Paige would stop, scratch her head, and exclaim, "Wait a minute! Who's team am I on?"....
Tim and Paige celebrate after the successful "pretend you are a pregnant lady" goal!
Eventually the soccer game morphed into a type of volleyball/soccer....hmmm....
Wacky? Oh yes!

But fun? Most definitely.
 
Blog Design by April Showers