Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


A photo of my wonderful son demonstrating his usual exemplary table manners!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!


The turkey is roasting away - stuffed with lemons from our tree, onions, garlic, rosemary, basil and oregeno....the house smells heavenly.  The mashed (smashed) potatoes and stuffing are warming, the green beans are simmering, gravy is made...and the cranberry sauce is ready to be sliced.  Ha Ha. I've tried doing the "other kind" of cranberry sauce and no one liked it!  My family likes the "old fashioned" kind.  You know...from a can.  Dessert will be pumpkin pie and a fudge pie from The Fresh Market, with whipped cream.


Today has been a nice, mellow day.  I woke up feeling MUCH better...I can breathe today!  WOO HOO!  Tim and the kids played frisbee golf around the neighborhood while I cooked, we've watched some football, read some books, the kids pulled out the Magnetix and have been playing (nicely!!) with those.  I have been gathering up some of the Thanksgiving decorations, and getting a few of the Christmas ones out.


Later this week I'll post a photo of our Christmas tree!  Since we are going to Michigan for Christmas this year, and because the house is still for sale, we've decided not to put a big tree up this year.  Instead, I got a Norfolk Island Pine, which we will plant in a big pot after Christmas and try to keep alive!


I hope you all have a quiet and relaxing - and delicious - Thanksgiving!  
 
Blog Design by April Showers