Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pondering an extra hour of sleep, and a few other things too...



I have not had a really good night's sleep all week, and as a consequence I am fixated on Saturday when the time changes again.  Because, you know, we get an extra hour of sleep.  I've been looking forward to that like a kid looks forward to Christmas.  That's sad, isn't it?  I think it's a sign that I am officially old.  Because the wrinkles and gray hair weren't quite clue enough for me, I apparently need to be slapped in the face with the depressing reality that I no longer look forward to Saturday nights to go out dancing, but rather as an opportunity for more sleep.


Ugh.


Anyway, other than living off coffee and stumbling round groggily all week in my soporific stupor, not much has been going on.  I have been pondering the people on facebook who send a friend request, and then do not respond to your messages.  What's up with that?  Why did they send a request in the first place?  It annoys me.


Although, if I'm being honest (I said that in my best Simon Cowell snotty voice, in case you were wondering), I've been rather easily annoyed this week...due to my LACK OF SLEEP!  Tired people are irritable - it's a fact of life.  Plus, you know, there's the PMS thing too.  TMI?  Whoops.  But as long as I brought that up, can I just mention that it also annoys me that I currently have a pimple blemish coexisting on my face with the deep craters under my eyes and the wrinkles?  Oh yeah, I'm looking good.  I think that it should be against the law for zits and wrinkles to happen at the same time.  It's just not right.  That annoys me too.


Anyway, also due to the constant sleeplessness which has been bugging the crap out of me a bit of a challenge, I'm sure you've noticed in this post that I have also been a teeny tiny bit scatterbrained.  It's a lot of fun...I'll walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water, but then I'll notice that the dishwasher needs to be emptied so I'll start to do that.  Then the phone will ring, so I'll answer the phone and when I get off the phone I remember that I need to finish folding laundry.  I start to fold the laundry, and then the cat will walk by which makes me remember that we need cat food, so I will go back to the bedroom and start a list.  Then I will see that I never made my bed, so I'll start to do that, but before I can finish that I will remember that I need to take something out of the freezer for dinner that night...I'll walk back into the kitchen and see my glass on the counter and the half-emptied dishwasher and place my glass in the dishwasher, put soap in it, and start the dishwasher.  Then I will realize that I'm thirsty.  


It's really fun.


Which reminds me - did you know that the time changes again this weekend?  We get an extra hour of sleep...I can't wait!
  



 
Blog Design by April Showers