Thursday, December 23, 2010

A fair and balanced look at dinner - Mr. Wonderful style.

I am hiding in my bedroom, playing bananagrams online and guzzling sipping a glass of wine.  


The reason? Mr. Wonderful is making dinner tonight.


He volunteered to make spaghetti for dinner, and I jumped at the opportunity of a night off. Which was, apparently, a big mistake. You see, shortly after volunteering to make spaghetti he asked me how to make it.


"So...I just add ground beef to some spaghetti sauce, right? That's all I have to do? Right?"

"Well, you have to chop some onions and cook them with the beef also, but basically, yeah. And cook the pasta."

After that conversation, I thought that he had it all under control.  He dumped the beef in the pan, added some onions and then....he dumped the spaghetti sauce on top of the raw meat! He didn't cook the meat first!

Eeewwww, right?


After I screeched asked him calmly what in the hell he was thinking, I told him to turn the heat on high and keep stirring it. I'm hoping that works.

Mr Wonderful thinks it is hilariously funny. He keeps saying, "I don't make spaghetti very often. Heh, heh, heh."

Huh. No kidding.

Then Mr. Thinks He's So Funny said, "So, I just microwave the pasta to loosen it up, right?"

Ha.  Ha.  Ha.

Then he thrust a glass of wine into my hand and shooed me out of the kitchen.

Anyway. In other, completely unrelated to potential food poisoning news, guess what I parked next to at BJ's today?
It's a first generation Honda Insight, from before they redesigned the body to make it the sleek, sporty car that I drive.

The thing is, I've been driving my car since July and have probably seen 2 or 3 other Insights driving around. They're not very common. (I've heard that it's because Honda's profit point on these cars is very small so they don't advertise them very much - they'd much rather sell you a Fit or a Civic, which they make much more money on.)

The point is that I have NEVER seen one of the older, bubble shaped ones.

And then when I drove into my driveway, I was accosted by two giddy, silly, crazy kids who began dancing in front of my car as I attempted to drive down the driveway.

Isn't it sweet how they amuse themselves?

And aren't I happy that I had a camera in my purse?

That's all the news that's fit to print, for inquiring minds who want to know.

And now, please excuse me.  
There's a glass of wine bellowing my name.




 
Blog Design by April Showers