Monday, March 19, 2012

One-thousand!

This is the 1000th post on this blog. Quite frankly, I'm amazed. 


When I began this little blog three and a half years ago, it was simply to keep in touch with friends and family in other states. I never imagined that I would have people I'd never met reading it, or that those strangers would become friends - through their comments and emails.


I spent some time this morning reading through some of the past 999 posts and marveling at how much the kids have grown in the past three and a half years. When I began blogging in September of 2008 The Boy was in 8th grade and The Princess in 6th grade.





The Boy had braces on his teeth...


And then the braces came off...


The Princess's braces went on...
And came off...




They were still kids when I began the blog...



The past 999 posts have chronicled confirmations...

and first dates...


to the first day of high school...



The Boy and The Princess are growing up and turning into a young man and young lady...


Some of you have followed this blog from the beginning and some of you have just discovered it recently, but you are all special to me! I treasure your comments and emails.

Thank you for sticking around. Thank you for "getting" my sarcasm biting wit and our family's strange senses of humor. Thanks for letting me vent. Thank you for caring enough to share our lives - albeit vicariously. And thank you for thinking that numerous photos of sunrises and eagles, and silly, funny teenagers, and occasional glasses of wine are interesting. 

To celebrate 1000 posts and to show my appreciation, I'm doing something I've never done before - a giveaway. The prizes? A $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble and a $10 gift card to Starbucks. All you have to do is leave a comment - either on the blog or on Facebook. The comment can be about anything - tell me what you like or don't like about the blog, tell me what you'd like me to post about in the future, or just say Hi. 

This isn't a fancy, official type of giveaway - no rafflecoptor or whatever. Each of the kids will be drawing a name from the comments (one for each prize) out of a hat. The drawing will be Wednesday evening.

Thanks, y'all!











 
Blog Design by April Showers