Thursday, August 16, 2012

Another miscellaneous assortment of nothing at all.

As I mentioned in my previous post, The Boy started his senior year of high school a couple of days ago. The Princess begins her sophomore year next Monday. So this week has still been a little bit of summer vacation...at least we've (except for The Boy) been able to sleep in a bit, and The Princess has been trying to work on her tan (whilst simultaneously finishing up her summer reading). But the week is flying by and reality is going to hit with a vengeance on Monday morning!

These past few weeks of summer went by so quickly that I didn't even realize it was happening, much less manage to get any wonderful photos...but I thought I'd rummage around and share a few that I haven't shared before just to give you an idea of what we've been doing around here.

And also because I don't really have anything else to say today!

The kids have both been hanging out with their BFFs along with other friends (and the girlfriend). I made these the other day to document the years of friendship between them...


The Boy has also been spending a lot of time on the dock...
I may be biased, but I think this little guy might be a teenager. It's all in the attitude, you know!

The Princess has had a few dance classes...
And we've stocked up on leotards and tights and had a pointe shoe fitting - since her old shoe was discontinued and we had to start from scratch with all the trying on and discussing of shanks and vamps and arches and boxes. Yes, it IS just as exhausting and confusing as it sounds. Also, expensive!

The Princess has also been "busy" making videos to One Direction songs with her bestie...(just as an aside, why The Princess is not in drama rather than dance at her school absolutely confounds me!)


The Princess has also been working on her driving skills. In completely unrelated news, I need to make an appointment to get my gray hairs (which seem to be appearing at an alarming rate these days!) touched up.

And finally, in an effort to be more frugal I've been sending the kids to do my shopping when we need bread or milk or whatnot (because I tend to "stock up" on things which we really don't need). I recently discovered that this is, apparently, not quite the hardship I thought it was. They certainly seem to get more enjoyment out of grocery shopping than I ever have!!

I promise to try to get all caught up on my blog-reading and commenting in the next couple of days!










 
Blog Design by April Showers