Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday...


I'm thankful today for my husband who has been so helpful this week while I have been moping around not feeling well. He's made dinners and driven the kids around and let me lie around feeling sorry for myself. He is a sounding board for things that are bothering me, he is always supportive and he truly is my best friend. We have been together for almost a quarter of a century and I cannot imagine my life without him.

I'm thankful for my children. For, while they are certainly not perfect, they are kind, generous, loving, smart, tender, thoughtful, caring and affectionate. I often beat myself up as a parent - but when I look at these children who are turning into such considerate and thoughtful and kind individuals - I think that we must be doing something right!

I am, still, SO thankful for my little Honda Insight. I love my car. I love getting 45-50 miles per gallon. I. Love. It. Mr. Wonderful and The Boy can scoff at my little car and call it the Anteater all they want. I don't care. I love my car.

And finally, I'm thankful we are planning an anti-Thanksgiving this year. We are going to the beach. No family (other than the four of us). No pets. No turkey. No cooking. We are relaxing and walking on the beach and ordering Chinese...and I cannot tell you how excited I am about that. I am looking forward to it like the kids used to look forward to a visit from Santa Claus. It sounds like heaven on earth. I can't wait to feel the sand between my toes and hear the sound of the surf and the cries of the gulls. I yearn for the peaceful feeling of having absolutely nothing to do for a few days - no telephones ringing, no bills in the mail, no laundry, no pets to be fed...aaahhhh....the anti-Thanksgiving. I can't wait!

 
Blog Design by April Showers