Friday, April 17, 2009

Here Comes the sun......


Happy Friday! It's been a busy week (as always!!)....Tim got home Monday night. Tuesday morning we had big thunderstorms and winds and lost power for three hours. Thank heavens for that generator we got after the last hurricanes!! The kids were evacuated to the performing arts center (aka the "PAC) because a tree fell on one of the portables, and another two trees fell on the property. Now it is a blustery day (you can see how rough the water is in the photo - usually it is dead calm in the am) but it is supposed to warm up to around 75 and be beautiful.

Today is the 6th grade class's "Olympika". I am a volunteer, and also had to make Greek food. So, naturally...I was online yesterday looking for authentic Greek recipes. I made a basil/feta spread/dip (yummy) and a Greek salad. Paige tells me though that a lot of people are just buyng hummus and pita. !!! Why don't I ever take the easy route? I always try to do an authentic recipe. :( Oh well......pictures of Paige in her toga to follow.......
 
Blog Design by April Showers