Monday, September 14, 2009

Just another manic Monday.....

Sunday was a nice day. My sweet, darling children were getting along SO WELL!! I don't just mean that they weren't arguing...they were cooperating and being nice to each other!! Really! Ok, Ok...full disclosure - Clay had a project in English and wanted Paige's artistic ability, so he was, um, sucking up? Whatever. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing them working together and being nice. Anyway, there is the finished product above.....


In other news, Paige finally named her cat. Meet Sushi. Yes, she is named after a food - but if you saw how this kitty eats...and eats...and eats....you'd think it was fitting too!

Yesterday the kids and I ran a few errands and then headed over to the new farmer's market at Whole Foods. There wasn't much there yesterday - I hope it gets better! We did buy some cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and a pathetic looking canteloupe.

Tim is off in Tokyo, so I had the early morning run to take Clay to school. I confess that my inner mommie dearest made an appearance again this morning. I basically nagged the poor kid the entire way to school...."You'd better start picking up your towels in the bathroom"...."Why can't you put the cereal away when you are done with it?"....blah, blah, blah. Of course, then the darling boy started with that lovely teenage attitude - you know the one...the just slightly disrespectful tone of voice, the long suffering (?!) sigh....so then I had to start in on him about his attitude. Honestly, I don't know how he can make "yes ma'am" sound disrespectful - but he does! Not a nice way to start the day - for either of us. Now, I am feeling a little bit guilty. Oh well. C'est la vie!
 
Blog Design by April Showers