Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ten things on Tuesday: the junk food of blog posts

1. I haven't blogged in several days because (a) I've been feeling yucky and (b) I haven't had anything to say.

2. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about mean girls and I was completely overwhelmed by the response. Thank you to everyone who emailed me or commented or called and especially those who reposted the link. Your kind comments did make The Princess feel a bit better. There might just be another post about this subject in the future because I am still in Mama Bear mode and brooding about those mean girls!

3. We didn't do much this weekend except lay low and hang out. Partly because I was feeling yucky and partly because it's just that time of the year...SAT tests, exams, end of the year this and end of the year that...we're exhausted. All of us. It's definitely time for summer vacation!

4. The Boy fished and hung out with his girlfriend and her family in St. Augustine. The Princess worked on her tan and read books. Mr. Wonderful did yard work and read books. I felt icky and read books. We all slept late every morning and just enjoyed the blah-ness and decompressed.


The Boy caught the biggest gar ever.







5. The Boy also has a new pet. This is Brutus. I actually like Brutus because (a) he's kinda cute and (b) he eats those nasty grasshoppers which we are infested with every year and which eat every single plant and flower in our yard. Did I say I like Brutus? Actually, I LOVE Brutus! 

Even though Brutus is currently my favorite of the kid's pets, (c'mon - he doesn't shed, is quiet, and eats the bugs from the yard. What's not to love?) he is not allowed in my house. His little habitat is out by the pool...and it will stay there!


6. Our boat is almost fixed. Regular readers may remember what happened the last time we took the boat out. Our boat mechanic is out working on it right now. Keep your fingers crossed.


7. The last launch of Endeavor is Friday. I'm hoping that it's a clear day so we will be able to see it from our dock.

8. It was windy and gusty all day yesterday and there were a ton of egrets by our dock. I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, because I absolutely cannot think of anything else to say.


9. I filled my car up with gas today and it cost $36! Granted, the tank was really empty, but still. Yikes. I don't know how all these people with big ol' SUV's can afford to drive them around!

10. Ah, finally. Because I still can't think of anything to say...and because I love you, I'm letting The Boy end this post with a few jokes...You can thank me later.



What did the blonde say when she opened the box of Cheerios?

Oooh! Doughnut seeds!!

*****************

You know you're a redneck when your gene pool doesn't have a deep end.

*************************

You know you're a redneck when you have to fix your mother's flat tire...on her house.

**************

You know you're a redneck when your favorite hunting dog has a bigger tombstone than your grandfather.

************







 
Blog Design by April Showers