Friday, December 2, 2011

Good news/Bad news

The good news is that the Christmas cards arrived and I spent all day yesterday addressing envelopes and running to the post office and getting them mailed. So THAT item is checked off the ol' list...and that is a good feeling!


The bad news is that because I have spent so much time on cyber shopping and ordering the cards and addressing and mailing the cards, there are mountains of laundry threatening to take over my house. There are piles on the couch waiting to be folded, and piles of folded laundry waiting to be put away, and clothes in the dryer also waiting to be folded and dirty clothes in the laundry room waiting to be washed. How can one family create so much laundry? 


The good news is that I also made it to Publix yesterday, since our cupboards were bare. The kids were very happy that there is food in the house again.


The bad news is that when I came out of Publix with my cart full of food, I found a huge scrape down the front/side bumper of my car. Apparently, some idiotic moron decided to try to pull ahead and drive through the spot next to me rather than backing up out of their parking spot. Apparently, they didn't quite make it. Apparently, their Christmas spirit didn't extend to leaving a note of apology - much less offering to pay for the damage they inflicted on my poor little hybrid. Bah Humbug!


The good news is that I bought all the ingredients to make the dinner the kids have been requesting - Rigatoni with steak sauce.


But the bad news is that I have absolutely no interest in cooking right now. None, nada, zip. Maybe the kids could follow the recipe and make it themselves? Hmmm.....


The good news is that I am finally going to get a new kitchen sink and faucet.


The bad news is that the old faucet is leaking. And the old faucet doesn't want to turn off. And the old faucet really isn't all that old. And that the money for the new sink and faucet are coming from the Christmas budget. Which means my Christmas present is a new sink and faucet. Oh goodie...just what I wanted.


And that's all for today. It's been chilly here and the kids were worried about Lucy getting cold...

Ha!







 
Blog Design by April Showers