Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Decisions, decisions...

This year has flown by. I absolutely cannot believe that in less than two months my baby boy will be graduating from high school. And then a couple of months after that he will be going to college...somewhere. 






Thankfully, this college testing, application, essay writing, FAFSA, community service hours, Bright Futures, crunching numbers, college tour odyssey will be coming to an end soon. (Although, then we will be starting the whole process again for The Princess soon. Ugh.) I have been crunching numbers, reviewing financial aid, and comparing schools like you wouldn't believe. We have one more school to tour but we are very, very close to making a decision. An official, binding, put a deposit down and complete the housing contract kind of a decision. This is both a relief and quite scary!

The Boy, of course, is chomping at the bit and can't wait to spread his wings and fly. So to speak...I think I'm mixing my metaphors there. But I think you understand what I'm trying to say. The Boy is ready to be "independent." Me? Probably not so much. Although, there are times....

Anyway, it seems as though this process - the college applying and waiting and deciding process - will never end. It has consumed our lives for way too long. We're all ready to make the decision and move on. And hopefully, after this last tour, we will be able to. 




 
Blog Design by April Showers