Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grey skies are gonna clear up...

Does anyone remember when I used to post something on this blog every couple of days? Friends and family might remember when I was on the ball with birthday/holiday cards. I used to be organized and be able to keep track of things.


I don't know what happened.


ANYway...last week was filled with random, aggravating nothingness. We've been searching for a used car for the kids to use. Mr. Wonderful, however, is like Goldilocks. Every car I'd find...he would find something wrong with. It's too expensive. It doesn't have enough safety features. It's not reliable enough. It has too many miles on it. It's too old. And so forth and so on. 


I have been busy looking up information on each car on our list. I've been a frequent visitor to NADA and Consumer Reports and Edmunds. I've looked up safety features and reliability and consumer reviews.


For every single flipping car we've found.


And there has been something wrong with every single one.


Mr. Wonderful is a stickler for safety and whatnot. Which is good! Right? But being the one who has to research each vehicle? Not so good. It's exhausting is what it is.


The good news is that we've maybe, possibly found one that might, maybe, possibly work. A friend of a friend is selling a car that...well, I'm not going to say anything else about it because I don't want to jinx it! But keep your fingers crossed!


Also? My Shark Steam Mop decided to stop working. So I also started troubleshooting and googling to try to fix it. I discovered that apparently this brand of steam mop is notorious for quitting after about a year. (Dear Shark Steam Mop people: WTH?!) Unfortunately, we have a lot of tile floors and I am quite addicted to steaming them clean now. So I had to go buy another one (NOT a Shark, thank you very much!)


Plus, we've had a couple of realtors out to tell us if they think they can sell our house (sure, if we want to bring money to closing!) and if the real estate market has improved at all (not so much.) 


Bah.


And? It's been cloudy and gloomy and rainy. Which has nothing to do with anything at all, but it does sort of suit my mood today!


Because this latest school shooting in Ohio has struck fear into my heart and saddened me immensely. It also just freaks me out a whole lot.


Our community has had so much sadness the past couple of years. My kids have had to deal with the deaths of friends and with random violence on the periphery of our lives. I've always worried because that's what moms do...but for some reason, this school shooting has really bothered me. Maybe it's because my kids are in high school or maybe it's because watching the interviews of the ones who survived felt as though I could be watching my son's friends. It's surreal.




I think about those parents who sent their children off to school that morning, thinking it was just another, normal day. They had no idea their lives were about to change forever. My heart breaks for those parents and for those kids - to have to live through something so awful. It just really, really breaks my heart.




I gave The Boy and The Princess an extra long hug this morning. I lectured them about what to look for and told them to be careful. I reminded them to be kind to everyone because you don't know what they might be going through. When I sent them off to school this morning I thought that it was just a normal hectic morning, just like any other morning. And as I thought this, my eyes filled with tears and I began to shake. 


Because what if it weren't?
 
Blog Design by April Showers