Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello...Is it Me You're Looking For?

I'm back, y'all.


I apologize for the long absence...the ugly, creeping crud/virus knocked me off my feet last week. And then, just when I started to feel better, I got what I thought was a sinus headache but which turned out the be the migraine from Hell. Six days of the worst, most heinous migraine I've ever had.


Anyway, moving on....I haven't blogged because, really? What on earth did I have to say? I hadn't done anything except sleep and explore the wonders of Pinterest and watch The Tudors.


I tried texting the BFF and had an "autocorrect" moment. I was taking advantage of the BFF entitlement of whining and was complaining about the migraine and a bad day with the teenagers. I typed in, "Calgon, take me away." But my iphone changed it to "Calhoun, take me away." Which made me giggle. Then I tried to say, "Jeesh!" and my iphone changed that to "Jewish!" 


At that point I laughed so hard that I snorted.

Luckily, the BFF has the same (wonderful and wacky) sense of humor.

The next day, The Princess texted me...


And I had a fit of the giggles all over again. 

I know, it's probably really not all that funny. 

But after six days of the migraine from Hell and the fuzzy, weird, head-stuffed-with-cotton-reaction to the medication...well, honestly, I laughed until I almost peed in my pants.

TMI?

I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that I am getting much better at imitating "normal" though, since I have finally recovered from the creeping crud virus and the evil, heinous, debilitating migraine from Hell. I ventured out of the house for the first time in almost a week and discovered that spring has sprung...

Mother Nature appears to be a bit confused after the warm and mild winter we've had here - everywhere you look there are redbuds and dogwoods and azaleas blooming.

Hooray!!


Anyway, I really have nothing else to say. (Please refer to the aforementioned repetitive viewing of The Tudors and Pinterest addiction and strange and juvenile sense of humor at only mildly amusing autocorrects.)

But I wanted to let you all know that (a) I'm alive and (b) I really, really, really appreciate the calls and messages checking up on me. 

Really.

I'll leave you with this photo I took this morning. Aren't those clouds cool looking? I love ripply clouds. 


PS. I know that there is a technical term for those clouds. I'm sure Mr. Wonderful will enlighten me. I don't care. To me, they're ripply clouds. And they're pretty.





 
Blog Design by April Showers