Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sad

In loving memory of Robert L. Kramer
(AKA G-Dad/Skipper)
7/27/40 - 12/7/12












Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other
That we are still.
Call me by my own familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way you always used.
Put no difference in your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed
At the little jokes we always enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Without the ghost of a shadow in it.
Life means all that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
What is death but a negligible accident?
I am waiting for you for an interval
Somewhere very near
Just around the corner
All is well.
Nothing is past; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

(Canon Henry Scott-Holland, Canon of St. Paul's Cathedral 1847-1918)


 
Blog Design by April Showers