Monday, December 17, 2012

What's new, pussycat? (woah woah)

This past week has been crazy. My step-father's death threw us all for a loop. Then I was rear-ended while driving carpool (everyone is ok), and have been getting estimates on the repair of my car and trying to deal with insurance companies.

I apologize for the poor quality of the photo. It was taken with my cell phone in the pouring rain. 

The good news about the accident is that although I was hit by a larger vehicle and knocked into a much larger vehicle, the only damage to my little car (that we know of) was some scraping and a few bent clips on the bumper. 

Then a couple of days later a big moving van drove down our (private) driveway - the one past a dead end sign and with numerous address signs posted - and then, once he finally realized he had the wrong address, attempted to back down the driveway. He managed to take out several of the landscape timbers in the process. So we've also been dealing with the moving company trying to get them to come out and repair the damage.


There have been some positive moments this past week as well. (Thank goodness!) The Boy was accepted at two more colleges this week...


I took some time out to cover up some gray, get a few highlights, and a much needed haircut...

We had some good news regarding Mr. Wonderful's job...

And we got to catch up with my nephew when he flew down for the funeral...






And, of course, the news out of Newtown, Connecticut has broken our hearts. I can barely watch the news coverage and the stories about those sweet babies makes my heart ache for the families. I cannot fathom the pain they must be feeling.

The past week has been filled with both happiness and sadness, elation and despair. Time flies, and life is short. Be kind.

Yesterday is gone.
Tomorrow has not yet come.
We have only today. Let us begin.

What can you do to promote world peace?
Go home and love your family.

Mother Teresa







 
Blog Design by April Showers