Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten Things on Tuesday: Random much?

1. Sometimes as I zip along through my days, hurrying and scurrying to and fro, I suddenly have the realization that my babies are almost grown. I mean, I KNOW this...but sometimes I forget it. What I'm trying to say is that sometimes I look at my kids and I really see them - not the images of my sweet babies that I hold in my heart - but the almost adults that they are becoming. And it throws me for a loop. I feel panicky. Those of you who have teenagers might understand what I'm talking about. Those of you whose children are still young'uns...just wait. You'll see. One day they're little kids, wanting you to make them a peanut butter sandwich and braid their hair, and the next...they're big. 
The faces I see when I look at my kids...

How can that baby boy only have two more years left of school? How can that baby girl be in high school?


You're too young to drive!







2. When these epiphanies strike, it breaks my heart. It really does.

Enough sappy stuff. Moving right along....

3. Has anyone else ever dealt with a "friend" who doesn't act much like one? Someone who doesn't reciprocate kindness or courtesy? At what point do you realize that you are the only one making an effort and give up on what was once a friendship?

4. Usually I enjoy cooking, but lately I just don't have the energy or motivation to do anything. I'm all about the BOGO Progresso soup at Publix or frozen pizza. My kids want me to cook. I defrosted some stew meat and was planning on making a big beef stew for dinner...but I keep looking in the refrigerator at the meat and procrastinating. I don't feel like cooking. What's wrong with me? Is this a mid-life crisis? 


5. Also? Apparently my mid life crisis extends to cleaning and doing laundry. Because I cannot seem to muster the energy to deal with the massive pile of laundry which is sitting on my couch waiting to be folded. I walk past it and avert my eyes in a futile hope that someone else in the house will get a hankering to fold it. Ditto with the tumbleweeds of pet hair which keep magically reappearing no matter what I do. 

6. The Princess has decided that Steven, "our" bird that has been hanging out, has a story. She wondered where his parents are and she thinks that possibly the alligator that has also been hanging out may have eaten them. (There is absolutely no basis for this hypothesis other than an extremely vivid imagination). She also thinks that Steven follows us around and cocks his head inquiringly because he is wondering, "Are you my mother?"



"You're not my mother. You are a SNORT!"

7. Some of you may remember that we were attempting to put our cat, Jack, on a diet. We've been feeding him low calorie cat food and limiting how much he gets. In case you were wondering how the diet is going? He's bigger than ever. He is only 1 1/2 years old and he weighs 15.6 pounds! We think he's been sneaking food somewhere, somehow.
Jack is almost as big as Lucy!
"Hey, I'm hungry! What's a cat gotta do to get some food around here? Are you trying to STARVE me? Hmmph!"


8. It's a rainy day here. 

9. I'm running out of random stuff to say.

10. I know, I know...I totally cheated. I'm sorry. But it is raining and dark and dreary. My eyes are drooping and I'm feeling sleepy and lazy. I need coffee and I need it now.

I'll make it up to you. I will, I promise. Right after I tackle that pethair and the laundry and cook dinner....







 
Blog Design by April Showers