Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I awoke this morning feeling happy and positive and invigorated. I CAN BREATHE! After sleeping for 10 hours last night, I feel rested and energized. Plus, I CAN BREATHE! It's amazing what a little thing like not having to mouth breathe can do for your outlook.


Anyway, because I woke up feeling so at peace with the world I thought I'd share a few things I am feeling especially grateful for this morning. First, of course, is that fact that the miserable cold I've had is finally waning. (And, by the way, may I just mention how ridiculous the word "cold" is? It certainly does not express the misery and awful-ness that one little virus can cause. I think from now on we should call it "the horrible, no good, very bad virus of awful-ness." I'm just saying...)


Also, I know I complain about them at times but I am so thankful for my family. Yesterday I told you about how wonderful Mr. Wonderful really is, but The Boy and The Princess are pretty wonderful too. Somehow Mr. W. and I have managed to raise a couple of caring, thoughtful and loving kids. They brought me hot tea and kleenex and pampered me while I was sick. They may not always keep their rooms clean, but I think they're pretty awesome kids anyway!


And finally, I'm thankful for YOU. I really do appreciate the kind words of support and encouragement from you. Your comments and emails mean the world to me. I am constantly amazed at the friendships that have developed through the internet. I've gotten to know so many of you through your comments and our virtual conversations that I really feel as though I know you. 


OK, enough gushing. I'm going to spend the morning trying to get caught up on all that I have missed the past several days, including these crazy changes to Facebook! I am going to make my bed, sip coffee and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the morning. And most especially, I am going to revel in the fact that I can inhale through my nose!


Happy Thursday Y'all!

 
Blog Design by April Showers