Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hump Day


Thank you for all of the kind comments on the previous post. I really appreciate it. I'm fine...sad and a bit weepy, but fine. I've been kind of lurching from one thing to another the past few days and not really accomplishing very much. I don't really know why. Maybe I'm still in my "so relaxed I'm like a wet noodle" mode from our Anti-Thanksgiving beach getaway. Or perhaps I'm trying to do too many things at one time.  Regardless, I seem to have a huge list of things to do and I've only accomplished a fraction of them!

I have, however, managed to buy some poinsettias and a wreath for the front door. I've gotten some of the Christmas decorations out - although we are doing a scaled down version of decorating this year since we will be going out of town. I ordered Christmas cards and am anxiously awaiting their arrival (hopefully, today!) and have done a bit of cyber-shopping as well. I'm almost caught up with the  laundry from our trip. I have pine scented air fresheners throughout the house and have been listening to Christmas music. We had a cold front move through the area yesterday, so now it really feels like Christmas!

Sunday evening, after hearing the sad news about my friend Ed, I felt the need for comfort food so I made a chicken pot pie. Apparently, it's been a while since I made one because the family went gaga over it. They were practically giddy with happiness. This is what happens when you have teenagers - particularly a teenaged boy! At 11:00 pm on Sunday night I heard rummaging noises coming from the kitchen. When I went to investigate I found the aforementioned teenaged boy pulling the leftover pot pie out of the refrigerator and heating it up. He looked at me and groaned, "I just want to sleep! I'm so tired! And my stupid stomach won't let me!"

It's tough being a growing boy.

Happy Hump Day, y'all!


 
Blog Design by April Showers