Monday, June 11, 2012

Here comes the sun...

I know, I know...I haven't posted in a week. But, really - there hasn't been anything to share. I had a week long migraine. That was a lot of fun. Plus, it's been raining. I mean, it's really rained a whole, whole lot. Torrential. Monsoon-ish. I think we've gotten close to 20 inches in the past two weeks.


If it hasn't been raining, it's been about to rain.

Hence, due to the rainy-ness and the gloominess and the migraine-ness...it's been rather boring around here. The kids are finished with school - The Boy is officially a senior (!!) and The Princess is officially a sophomore. How is it even possible that I am old enough to have kids this age?!

Because of the rainy/gloomy/migraine-ness, we've been lying low. We've slept late and had pajama days and read a lot of books. The Princess ran on the treadmill (and I took photos because (a) I was bored and (b) she looked really silly gesturing with her hands and singing along, loudly, to One Direction.)

The Boy opted for a run in the rain..

The kids tried to take advantage of a break in the rain and went swimming, but after about 20 minutes it started raining again.


The Boy's girlfriend came over and they hopped in the pool while it was raining (but no lightning or thunder). 
(I love my iphone, and the camera is great - but not so wonderful at night-time, 
rainy, gloomy, dark photos!)


All in all, it's been quiet and gloomy and boring - but restful. Which is nice, in it's own way.

But frankly, we were getting tired of rain. It's summer vacation - we want sun and fun!

And guess what, y'all?

This morning we woke up and we saw the sun for the first time in what seems like a gazillion years!

THE SUN!!!

The Boy wasted no time in moseying down to the dock.


And The Princess scurried out to the pool, with Lucy following right behind her.


The weathermen are forecasting more rain for this afternoon...and for the rest of the week.

But for now...the sun is shining.


And we're going to enjoy it while it lasts!!












 
Blog Design by April Showers