Saturday, June 16, 2012

This Week...

If this week had a theme, it would have to be dance. To begin with, I think I've watched more television this week than I have in the past year. I'm not a big fan of television and we usually just read books or watch movies. But The Princess has been in an absolute tizzy anticipating this week's television shows and I decided to see what they were all about. 


Monday we watched the premiere of Bunheads on ABC Family - and loved it! It's a cute show and The Princess loved it too. She especially loved that it is about bunheads! (Although she wasn't especially impressed with the dancers' technique. She's a bit nit-picky about that!)

Tuesday, she convinced me to watch her favorite guilty pleasure - Dance Moms. Have any of you watched it? It's AWFUL!! I cringed at the terrible behavior showcased on this program and was completely appalled at the glee my daughter found in it! Apparently, all the dancers and teachers at her school and studio watch this show religiously.

The absolute worst thing about this show is how addicting it is, in spite of how awful it is. (Think Real Housewives or Toddlers and Tiaras.)

Wednesday and Thursday we watched So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD)...which is a bit of a tradition for The Princess and I. We have watched this show together every summer since she was about 9 or 10. We love it.

In addition to the glut of dance shows on television, The Princess had rehearsals this week for her studio's dance recital, which was last night. As usual, no videos or photography was allowed - so I "borrowed" this photo that one of The Princess's friends took backstage with the stage makeup on (and with The Princess making a really, really strange face.)

The Boy brought his girlfriend...which was sweet, except that he kept sighing and asking if they could leave yet. (*Note to self: instagram photos don't really work so great on the blog.)

In addition to the dance shows on television and the dance rehearsals and dance recital and having to buy eyeliner and blue eyeshadow for the recital and so forth and so on, we also did a few other things this week that didn't revolve around dance.

The Princess and I had a mother/daughter day and had our hair done. Back in September, The Princess got highlights to celebrate turning 15 and beginning high school, and they needed a bit of a touch up. As for me? I was beginning to feel ancient as the gray was rapidly taking over.


I also got new contacts and glasses, which is pretty awesome because I didn't even realize how much I needed them - until I put the news ones on and realized I could see again!

Have I mentioned lately that getting older really sucks?

Also, The Geezer (the kid's car) was feeling poorly (i.e. making strange growly noises) and had to go to the car doctor. Sadly, we're still waiting for The Geezer to be released and dreading the bill for making her work properly. We were planning on a road trip soon - in The Geezer, since she is the largest and most comfortable - but we'll have to wait and see what the damage ($$) is. Yikes. 










 
Blog Design by April Showers