Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer is almost here!!

The past week or so has been HOT, HOT, HOT!! In the 90's! Finally, we had a bit of a cool down a couple of days ago and, while it is still warm, it is only in the 80's. MUCH NICER!

Our new schedule with ballet is working out very nicely. I find that since I am home so much more, I am more inspired to be creative and cook more. I find myself watching The Food Network for inspiration - which isn't great for my diet, but the kids and Tim are loving it! Tonight I am going to make roasted chicken with balsamic vinaigrette. What's that? I thought I heard someone mumbling something about, "who cares about what she is cooking? How boring!". Hmm....you may be right, but....since I haven't gotten any feedback from anyone....too bad, so sad! Seriously. I am in a blogging rut. Gimme some help here, people. Please!

OK. In other news....we've been cleaning the house, cleaning up the yard, cleaning out closets. Blah, Blah, Blah. And guess what? No one has been by to look at the house. Hence, I am feeling very frustrated. Oh well, at least we got the house clean, right?

It is looking like Clay may have to go to summer school. He has been working THIS quarter..but it is a case of too little, too late. Or trying to close the barn door after the horse got out. I am all for him going to summer school - I think it is a great lesson for him....if only it didn't ruin the summer for the rest of us! Anyway, we'll see what happens. He has final exams starting next week - who knows, maybe he can save himself with his final (which counts as 20% of his final grade). As far as the schools go for next year...I think everything is set. I got the release form signed and have taken it to the new school. As soon as school is out I will go and get both children registered.

Tim gets home tonight - I am so glad. He has been in Brussels and is home for two days and then back to work. After that he is home for about 5 (I think)....then it is his birthday on the 28th (he will be 52!!!) EGADS!!
 
Blog Design by April Showers