Monday, March 26, 2012

Back to reality...

Our spring break was wonderful and relaxing. We slept late every morning. I didn't see a single sunrise. We got a lot accomplished - haircuts, orthodontist checkups, pointe shoes ordered and the a/c fixed (don't ask!), flowers planted, cars washed and the boat was cleaned. We also relaxed. We read and the kids had sleepovers and The Boy fished.

Yesterday The Boy had friends over to go tubing...

The boys went out and got the boat ready while they waited for the girls...



And then they all headed down to the boat...

I wasn't invited to go along.

But that's OK, because the mamarazzi had her mamarazzi zoom lens handy...






The photo below is what I could observe with the naked eye...


But the mamarazzi zoom let me see this...






Don't worry - after a while, once I made sure that everyone was still wearing life vests and that the "Captain" was being safe, I stopped stalking them.

After sleeping in every single morning for the past week, it was a wee bit difficult to make myself arise from my nice, comfy bed. Luckily, my favorite daughter had a cup of magic elixer/coffee waiting for me. That helped...a lot.


When I got home from dropping the aforementioned favorite daughter at carpool, I looked longingly at my my nice comfy bed. And then I sighed, mumbled under my breath about wretched early mornings, and trudged out to watch another sunrise.


I glanced up and saw that I had company...


Once again, I was very thankful for my mamarazzi zoom lens. Without it, this lovely osprey was nothing but a dark smudge in a tree...


He/She/It watched me for a while and then flew off...


To check on his/her/it's babies...

And I decided that was my cue to head back inside for another cup of coffee. Happy Monday!


 
Blog Design by April Showers