Friday, March 16, 2012

TGIF, a terrific kid and 999!

It's Friday!!


And it's not just any Friday because next week is Spring Break. Which means that I we get to sleep late every single morning. 


The Princess is really looking forward to a week off. She has been stressing all week about tests and presentations and papers she had to write. A stressed Princess is not a happy Princess. She shares her stress with everyone else in the house and is an irritable, moody, cantankerous little Princess. She walks around muttering about stupid "etre" verbs for French and rolls her eyes dramatically when asked how she is doing in Geometry.


The Boy made his mother very, very happy when he stepped in to try to help his little sister.

He explained Geometry and he showed her a trick to the "etre" verb and quizzed her on it. And then he tried to help her decipher a poem and prepare her presentation about the poem.

The Princess was a grump.


A major grump with a full on pout on her face.

I told her she should be happy that she has such a sweet brother to help her. She grunted.

I told her to put a smile on her face and stop pouting.

She did. Sorta.


You know that expression, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it?" Yeah....


The Boy drove The Geezer to the movie theatre to see Act of Valor with a group of friends. His spring break officially begins today, since it is a teacher planning day today.

And then do you know what that fabulously terrific kid did? He set his alarm and woke up early and drove his little sister to the carpool pickup so that his tired old mother could sleep in.

I KNOW! Just when he is driving me completely bonkers and I think I might have to sell him to gypsies, he does something completely sweet and wonderful. I think I'll keep him.

After waking up early and relieving his pathetically grateful old mom of her taxi driver duties, he and a friend went out on the dock to watch the sunrise go fishing.


Yes, that is a child's pirate hat on his head.

No, I don't know why there is a pirate hat on his head.


I said he was sweet, not that he made sense!!

And finally...today's post is my 999th! I honestly have NO IDEA what I have found to write about 999 times. I think perhaps this blog is a bit like the old Seinfeld television show. It's about nothing much at all.

Anyway, I've decided to do something a little bit special and a little bit different for my 1000th post milestone. So check back on Monday....


Funniest Seinfeld moments...for the young whippersnappers (like The Princess and The Boy) who are saying, "What's Seinfeld?"

 
Blog Design by April Showers