Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The early bird...gets an extra cup of coffee.

This is the first morning in ages that I haven't had to jump up and start rushing around for one reason or another. 

Because of the time change, it's dark when I leave the house to drop The Princess at the carpool pickup. It's barely getting light out when I get home. So I had plenty of time to savor my cup-o-caffeine and then saunter out and enjoy the sunrise...



There were birds everywhere. 



Everywhere.




And it is spring here.

It's official - there is pollen all over everything.



The smell of the citrus blossoms is intoxicating.




Even with the pollen, I've been leaving the windows open. We only have a small window of opportunity (haha - no pun intended) to leave the windows open and the a/c off without sweltering down here. It's lovely. We've had a delightful breeze and the scent of the flowers wafts into the house (along with the pollen, alas) and the sound of the birds is so...springlike.


I love this time of year.



 
Blog Design by April Showers