Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beam me up, Scotty

Tim and I have noticed that our kids tell us they love us a lot.  A LOT.  For instance, any time they do something wrong they will say, "I love you."  Which is nice and all, but not really relevant.  If we say something like, "Paige, why didn't you put your bowl in the dishwasher?"  She will come in, say "OOPS" and then, "I love you."  It a delaying tactic for them, or a distraction.  It's like they just say it to say it.  Or something.  Not that we doubt that they DO love us....but, it's starting to get a little old.  They say it so much that it loses it's meaning.  You know?


So, Tim has instituted a new policy.  They are not allowed to tell us they love us anymore.  He wants them to give us the Vulcan salute....and say, "Live long and prosper."
Live long and prosper.


That man will do ANYTHING to add a little Star Trek to our lives.

The kids, naturally, think this is a GREAT idea.

Me?  Well, I pick my battles - you know what I'm saying?



 
Blog Design by April Showers