Friday, April 9, 2010

A bit of melancholy?

For some reason I woke up this morning feeling a bit sad and melancholy - for my friends who are coping with the death of a child, and for those in our community who are coping with the same thing.  It seems that there has been so much death touching our lives lately - or maybe we are just hearing more about these things.  


The thing is, I can't even imagine what my friends are going through.  It seems like the worst thing a parent can ever face.  My heart goes out to them and I wish there were something that I could do or say to help them.  But there isn't.  I hope it helps to know that I care, but that is all I can do.


I pray every night and ask God to protect my family, and I am so, so thankful for our health and safety.  Even though I make light of our family's odd, little habits and annoyances - I never really take them for granted.  I am so very, very thankful for them.


Tim, while certainly not perfect, is a wonderful husband.  I have never, ever doubted his faithfulness or his love for me - and oh - what a fabulous father he is!  He always takes the time to talk to the kids and to help with homework, or go for a walk with them, or discuss a book they have read.  He cooks, he cleans, he is always supportive of me, he patiently accepts my, um, moodiness and imperfections - and he loves me anyway!


Clay is such a cool kid.  I am amazed watching him grow into a man.  He is funny and smart and generous and caring.  Paige is such a great daughter.  She is smart, silly, talented, and such a hard worker!  I am incredibly proud of both of them and I can't wait to see what amazing people they will grow into!


So THIS post is dedicated to my wonderful family and to my friends who are missing their children.  


Whew.  That was all pretty deep, wasn't it?  Heartfelt and all, but deep.  So to lighten things up a bit, I'll close with a few pictures I took yesterday...
The flowers we planted in front of the guest cottage...

The azaleas were so beautiful the other day, I had to snap some photos of them.  

I'm so glad I did, because that was their last good day, and they're now dropping petals.

No more azaleas - until next year!

 
Blog Design by April Showers