Thursday, April 29, 2010

On my mind...

I am totally at a loss as to what to blog about today.  This is because I have some things on my mind, and can't seem to think about anything else.  I've decided to "share", because, well - blogging is cheaper than therapy!  


First, I confess that I have become obsessed with the news.  I have been getting online and doing searches for news about a certain airline and another certain airline and a potential merger.  How obsessed am I?  I have been doing this constantly and I limit it to news from the past hour.  Because I am online checking every single hour of the day!!  If you wonder why I am so obsessed, perhaps this conversation that I overheard the other day will clear it up:


Clay:  "Dad, if there is a merger will you lose your job?"

Tim:  "No."

Clay:  "Will you make more money?"

Tim:  "Yes.  Probably."

That sums it up pretty succinctly.

Last night The Financial Times had an article (which has since been picked up by The New York Times) about how the top 5 executives at one of those particular airlines stand to make MILLIONS if a merger goes through.  May I just say for the record that I think those "executives" are evil, greedy, immoral, money-sucking leeches who care not one iota for the employees who have sacrificed for years, and who deserve to be tarred and feathered?  Not that this has anything to do with my obsessive news gathering.  I'm just saying.

Anyway, this has been occupying my thoughts because it could have a huge impact on our lives.  Hence, my obsession.

The other issue which has been occupying my mind, and making it difficult for me to think of anything to blog about is - STILL - the Teacher from Hell.  I know, I know - I haven't written about this for while now.  Rest assured, she has NOT suddenly found her medication and become normal.  I have been brooding about this situation and hesitating about having another conference because this particular teacher takes it out on Clay in the classroom.  In case you're interested, I think this teacher is an evil b*@ch insult to her profession and a disgrace.  I think she needs some sort of intervention, and as long as I am tarring and feathering people, I think she is a prime candidate!  

There is one other little issue which has been on my mind, and I plan to take care of it today.  These evil spawn of Satan kittens have been driving me crazy and keeping me awake at night and/or waking me up at 5:00 A.M. with their shenanigans.  Then they want to sleep during the day.  It can't go on.  IT CAN'T GO ON!!!  My plan is to acquire one several of these.
Ya'll wanna play?  Heh, heh, heh - I've got a FUN game!  Here, kitty kitty.....





 
Blog Design by April Showers