Thursday, April 15, 2010

Please tell me what I should be doing......

Today is my day off.  It's the only day this week that I didn't have to wake up at "O-dark-thirty" to take Clay to school - I slept until 8:30!!  It's the only day this week that I don't have to rush anywhere or do anything.  It is 10:00 am and I am still in my pajamas.  I have had a leisurely cup of coffee, read the paper, checked email and facebook, and folded a load of laundry - all in my pajamas!


It feels like heaven.


Oh, I'll get dressed eventually.  I'll probably try to get a few things accomplished today too.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  I don't know - I'm going with the flow today.  I'm relaxing and enjoying being "off".  


At least, I was.  Then my wonderful, dear, controlling husband came in and thought I looked at loose ends.  So he started making suggestions.  "If I were you, I'd......",  "Why don't you......",  "Maybe you should....."  It kind of ruined the moment, ya know?


Bless his heart.


I finally had to yell at him (which also kind of ruined the moment), "Leave me alone!! It's my day off!!"  He got this hurt look on his face, like "Well, you looked like you needed someone to tell you what you should be doing.  I was only trying to help."


Poor Tim.  He comes home from a trip, and apparently cannot figure out how I manage to get along without him telling me what I should be doing, explaining what my best options are, etc.  Since I do somehow manage to keep our lives moving along, get everyone where they need to be, keep all children and pets fed and in more or less happy spirits while he is gone, without any "help", it drives me a bit crazy.  


So, now that my lazy, relaxing, purely indulgent morning of nothingness is ruined I guess I'll hop in the shower, get dressed, and get back to work.


*Sigh*


It's difficult to get anything done around here with my "helper"
Scout has decided that the best kitten toy in the world is Lucy's tail...
...and Lucy's face...
...but definitely the tail!
....the way it moves back and forth
Fun!!!
Aw.  You can't get mad at ME.  Look how cute I am!!
Gus and Scout...Best buds.



 
Blog Design by April Showers