Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The naming of a Princess...

My name is P____. My name means youthful and it means faithful. It is both liquid and solid, colorful and bland. It is like the weather; sometimes sunny and bright, sometimes dark and stormy.


Nobody in my family has had my name. In some ways this is nice. I am original. I am not named for someone else. I'm not following in anyone's footsteps. But I also like names with stories. It is nice to have a story go with your name. I guess I am creating my own story.


When I was younger, I wanted a nickname. All my friends had one. They had long names that roll off the tongue like water. Elisabeth, Courtlyn, Caroline. Lizzy, Corky, Cayo. I was always P_____.


Most of the time I like my name. It is simple. It is elegant. It isn't very common, but it isn't rare. It isn't thick like mud, or thin like silk. It is who I am.


(Written by The Princess for an English assignment on 8/24/11)
 
Blog Design by April Showers