Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Smorgasbord of Sharing Stuff

First of all, THANK YOU for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderfully lazy and hedonistic day of nothing. Now, don't feel sorry for me because we didn't do anything...that's exactly what I wanted! I had breakfast in bed and I played with my new photoshop software and I read and I relaxed. My family pampered me and I didn't cook or clean or do laundry all day. In my book, that's a GREAT day!! Especially because tomorrow the craziness begins. School, homework, laundry, ballet, carpools....

Oh yeah. I absolutely reveled in my precious day of laziness.

I also spent some time browsing through a couple of my favorite sites, Pixel of Ink and Ereader News Today, which have lists and links for free and bargain books for the Kindle. If you have a Kindle or Nook you should definitely check them out! 

I also received my first blog award from the amazing Lady Bren. That was a pretty awesome Birthday gift, Lady Bren...thank you!



Here’s how the award works:
After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, the blogger must:


    Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.

    Share 7 things about yourself.

    Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.


    So...here are seven random things about me, which you may or may not already know. Coming up with seven things about myself was not as easy as it might sound!

    1. Before I became a short order cook, chauffeur, and domestic goddess, I was a flight attendant for many years.

    2. I'm afraid of sharks and snakes and roaches and bears. And teenagers!

    3. I really, really, really want to visit Egypt someday. I want to visit a lot of other places too - but especially Egypt!

    4. I love to travel and experience new places and meet new people.

    5. I love big dogs - they're mellow and easy. Ditto for cats. Little dogs, not so much. No offense, if you have a little dog - they're just not my cup of tea. At all.

    6. After driving a minivan for 14 years, I finally have a small car. I love it and I especially love driving 450+ miles on 10 gallons of gas!

    7. I dislike rudeness and hypocrisy. A lot.


    15 of my favorite blogs, in no particular order:


    And finally, thank you so much for reading my silly little blog. Thank you for listening to me brag about my kids and whine about my kids. Thanks for listening to me and laughing with me. Thanks for following me and commenting. The MDSA facebook page has 199 fans as of this morning - Wow!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!



     
    Blog Design by April Showers