Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting Acquainted...

After receiving a few messages from people wanting to know if everything was OK since I haven't posted on my blog in a while, I realized that I've been slacking. Yes, that's what it took. I can't believe I haven't posted anything in almost a week.


Thank you for checking on me. Everything is fine. No one is sick. There's no drama. 


I COULD write about how incredibly busy I've been. It's true. It has been a crazy week. There has been a lot of running around and we've had plumbers installing faucets and sinks and tile guys cutting the tile around the sink that wouldn't fit (Don't ask!). It was my week to drive carpool too, which means that I spent a lot of time in the car driving teenagers to and from that wonderful performing arts school The Princess attends. The wonderful school which entails a 45 minute to an hour drive, each way. I could also tell you about the laundry and the doctors appointments and all of the other various and sundry things which happened this week. 


But the truth is that all of that craziness and running around is normal. It's always like that...and I still usually manage a few posts a week.


But since I always try to be truthful on this blog, I'm going to tell you the truth.


The truth is I haven't felt like blogging this week. I've been distracted. You see, Mr. Wonderful let me have my Christmas present early and it wasn't the new sink and faucet...


It was this!!


And so, if I'm being honest, I have to tell you that I haven't actually even THOUGHT about blogging this week. I've been playing with my new, fabulous, amazing toy. I've been getting to know Siri...

Sometimes Siri is amazingly helpful...

And sometimes she has a bit of an attitude.

But she is always entertaining.

I have also been listening to my favorite radio station.

And I've been playing Scrabble and listening to Pandora Radio and entering contacts and downloading apps. 

To put this all in perspective for you, this was my old phone:

I could make calls and I could text with it.

I couldn't watch videos or check the weather in Paris or play PacMan or listen to KBCO in Colorado.

I couldn't talk to it and ask it the meaning of life.

I've never had a smartphone before. While the rest of the world was happily enjoying 21st century technology, I was trying to figure out how to text my teenagers back on my "stone age cell phone", as the kids called it. 

But now I am no longer obsolete, y'all! Now I can be glued to my iphone like the rest of the world! I can twitter and text and facebook from anywhere. And if I don't know how to do something, I'll just ask Siri. She'll know. 

And yes, I think I can even blog from my iphone. So, I suppose I'll never be able to use this excuse again...But for now, for today, I'm using it. I've been getting acquainted with not just Siri, but with the 21st century - and that takes a little bit of time!









 
Blog Design by April Showers