Friday, December 16, 2011

Me and you and a dog named Boo

The title of this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's just been running through my head for some reason so I thought I'd share the love. You're welcome.


I am going to try to get this post up before my internet connection flakes out on me again. Since yesterday morning, I get about 3 minutes online before it freezes up and I lose my connection. On my laptop, I can't even connect at all. 


In case anyone from ATT  is reading this, let me assure you that you were skating on thin ice with us anyway. This? This is beyond frustrating. Methinks there will be a change with our internet provider in 2012.


Grrr....


Anyway, please forgive any typos and randomness in this post. I am typing very, very fast and trying to get everything in before I lose my connection and have to restart the laptop to try to eke out another 3 or 4 minutes. And then I will be calling ATT to complain.


It has been a busy few days filled with shampooing the stinky dog, the dog continuing to smell like dead fish, googling remedies for stinky, dead-fish-smelling dogs, creating a concoction of dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and water and trying that. And then trying that again. The smell does seem to be fading, but it's still there...faintly. I suppose eventually it will go away. (I hope!!)


In addition to the stinky dog dilemma, there has been a lot of exams and studying for exams  ( The Boy) and dance and ordering new pointe shoes (The Princess) and cooking (lentil stew) and baking (cookies, of course). There has been packing and cleaning and doctors appointments and prescription refills and grocery shopping and lots and lots of errands and running around.


I did manage to squeeze in a couple of hours to get my hair cut and get highlights and I feel like a whole new woman. It's amazing how a simple haircut and a bit of pampering can renew your outlook! Even though I didn't do anything different. I'm not usually one to take photos of myself, because I am usually the one taking the pictures and because I hate the way I look in photos, but I thought I'd make an exception today. Now that I have a camera in my cell phone, it makes things a bit easier.

The same old cut, "the bob" from the back...



The side


And the front


This picture makes me giggle because it makes Mr. Wonderful's head look humongous. 


I may have possibly gotten a bit carried away with the picture taking. It's also possible that I may have annoyed the male members of the family. It could be that I would have annoyed The Princess as well, but she was safe at dance.




Blech.

But Mr. Wonderful has been nagging me about being in more photos. So...there you go, I have finally posted a photo of myself. It took annoying Mr. Wonderful and The Boy and 3 restarts (thus far) of the computer to get them posted, but now there is photographic evidence of my existence.

Blech.






 
Blog Design by April Showers