Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...

We had a wonderful Christmas and a delightful time visiting family in Michigan. 









Although, to be honest, the fact that Mother Nature decided to wait until the day we left to grace the area with a nice, big snowfall rather than indulging the Florida folks and allowing us to enjoy our yearly exposure to a bit of snow and sledding is pretty lame. Also, driving home in snow and then rain and sleet the first day was...well...also pretty lame. And a bit challenging. 

Mr. Wonderful and I both saw the building from WKRP in Cincinnati at the same time and yelled out, "WKRP!!" The kids looked at us blankly and then looked at each other and shrugged. Which kind of made us feel old. I know of two teenagers who will be watching WKRP on YouTube in the very near future.

Kids these days. They just don't know anything!

This is pretty much what our drive was like. 
And this....

and this.

I won't name any names, but someone might have periodically gotten a bit bored and whipped out the camera and taken pictures of nothing much at all. 

The random photography didn't bother the family at all.

Really.







Anyway, after about a gazillion hours in the car we made it safely home and it is great to be here. For one thing, sleeping in our own beds is awesome. The pets were happy to see us. It's warm...and green.  I savored my fabulous cup of coffee made in our Keurig. 


It's great to get away once in a while...but it's also great to be home!


Before we left for our adventure in snowless Michigan, I downloaded Season One of The Tudors onto my i-phone. I confess that I am now addicted. I will shortly be loading Season Two and watching it as well. I LOVE this show. 

I'm also in love with the book I am reading right now. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and I cannot put it down.

Seriously, it's good.

If you don't believe me, just ask my friend Gigi. She read the whole thing and she loved it too.

That's all I've got for today. I'm signing off now...I'll either be watching the end of episode 8 of The Tudors, or reading more of my book. I'm completely ignoring the huge pile of laundry in the laundry room. 

I have better things to do!






 
Blog Design by April Showers