Thursday, April 26, 2012

Looking back: Smoke



I just found these photos and realized that I never shared them. 


A couple of weeks ago, when our little area of NE Florida was surrounded by wildfires and we had several very smoky days, the wind shifted direction and the smoke cleared out. We had a beautiful, sunny morning. Then, around noon, I noticed that everything had an orange tint...

I kept blinking my eyes and thinking that there must be something wrong with my contacts. It was surreal looking. I asked Mr. Wonderful if he noticed it and he was seeing a smoky, salmon colored hue also.

Once I realized that it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me I walked outside and saw this...


The wind had changed direction yet again, and the smoke was converging on us...



It was very creepy looking in a sort of ominous, post-apocolyptic sort of way...








 
Blog Design by April Showers