Saturday, April 28, 2012

How to make a Princess deliriously happy in three easy steps





The kids and I, plus The Princess's BFF "The Court-i-nator", spent the day at the Riverside Arts Market. It was a beautiful, sunny day with a lovely breeze off the river and we had a fabulous time!

We wandered around a bit and admired the art work and crafts and then we had to make a decision about what to eat. The Boy opted for fried shrimp and The Court-i-nator for a hotdog. The Princess and I couldn't decide...until we spied this booth...


Crepes? Yes, please!!



The Princess got ham and cheese...

and I got chicken, spinach and feta.




We all met down by the river and enjoyed our little repast (the crepes were tres bien!) and listened to the music (also tres bien!)



The girls went to find something sweet to eat.

They came back with a funnel cake.


Oh my!

Tres bien, indeed!


After we ate lunch we walked around a bit more. We saw lots of cute pooches - a Polish Lowland Sheepdog that looked like a ball of fluff, an Akita, a Goldendoodle, and a gorgeous Newfoundland. The Newfie was very sweet but, sadly, a wee bit stinky. After petting him, my hands stunk. Blech!

And then The Princess saw a booth with "magic" wands. She was like a kid in a candy store. She begged and cajoled and batted her baby blues but I found it remarkably easy to decline the offer of spending $20 to buy her a "magic" wand. 

I know, I know. I'm the meanest mom in the world.

Thankfully, she then spotted the palm reader (thank goodness this was free!) and just like that, her attention was diverted. She convinced the BFF to have her palms read at the same time...





She even convinced her brother to give it a go!




I'm sorry to report that I didn't hear a lot of the palm reading because I was too busy taking photos.

But when we saw the handwriting analysis booth, I paid a bit more attention...




I don't want to give away all the kid's secrets, but let me just say that she was GOOD. Really good. Spot on! I even had mine done. Naturally, she said that my handwriting revealed that I was awesome in every way. 

Well, duh!




When The Princess saw a man making balloon animals with an elephant (her favorite animal) on his head, she was smitten once again. She forgot all about being a 15 year old and waited in line with all of the little kids.

The Boy and I decided to head over to the Farmer's Market area. I bought lovely melons, tomatoes, celery, onions, strawberries, cucumbers and the biggest zucchini I've ever seen in my life!

We went to meet the girls and found The Princess wearing her balloon elephant hat...

She was as happy as a pig in...well, you know how the saying goes.









 
Blog Design by April Showers