Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me


It's TGIF for us, even though it's only Wednesday, because the kids both have a four day weekend. Unfortunately, I doubt it will be very restful since The Princess has rehearsals every single day until the performance of Giselle on Saturday evening. 

It rained last night and this morning is a strange mixture of gloomy, gray skies mixed with bright blue skies. Which is also a good analogy for how the past couple of days have been around here...


The Princess, probably due to being so tired, has been a bit...moody. And temperamental. And I, probably due to being so tired, have seriously NOT been in the mood for it.

Which is a polite way of saying that we clashed a tiny bit.

If you have teenagers, and especially if you have a teenage daughter, then you probably understand what I'm talking about. I will ask her something and she will affect that completely exasperated tone of voice which teenagers seem to excel at. I will warn her not to cop an attitude and she will exclaim, with her attitude in full throttle, that she doesn't HAVE an attitude. I will sigh dramatically and she will, occasionally, roll her eyes.

At which point my inner Mommie Dearest explodes like a ballistic missile and World War Three ensues.

The Boy has, apparently, been channeling his inner Obi Wan Kenobi. Anytime I ask him to do something such as take out the trash or empty the dishwasher he will wave his fingers at me and say in his calm, Jedi voice, "This is not the boy you are looking for." If I scold him for not leaving his bedroom clean he says, "You did not see a messy room."


OK, yes, it's slightly amusing.

The FIRST time.

After that, not so much.

I've been forced to channel my inner Jabba the Hut (NO jokes about THAT, please!!) and tell him that his Jedi mind tricks will not work on me. He's even tried his Jedi mind trick on me via text!





The Boy found a little box turtle trying to cross the road yesterday. He brought it home and has created a home for it in his empty aquarium (which his water turtle used to live in). He's a happy kid.

I'm not so happy about the fact that all the reptiles seem to waking up and getting active. The turtle is fine, but yesterday I saw a snake in our yard (just a black racer, but still!) and heard a gator bellowing down the lake. Ahhh...mating season.

Here's a little something you may not know about me - our bathtubs are yucky. We live in an older house and our bathtubs have soap scum stains and are just disgusting. I'l tried everything - Scrubbing Bubbles, Comet, Soft Scrub. I've even tried pouring bleach and letting it sit. Nothing worked. But then I saw something on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try.

It's a miracle!

Vinegar and Dawn dish soap has made my bathrooms shine and glisten like they're practically new. I spent yesterday morning cleaning with my Pinterest inspired cleaning recipes. I cleaned my cook top with baking soda and cleaned the bathrooms.

Doesn't it make you feel good to get something really clean and sparkly? Especially when it's been a challenge to ever get it clean in the past? It almost makes up for snarky, teenage drama.

Almost.




Today I am going to be wiping down all of the baseboards with dryer sheets and doing laundry and steam mopping the floors. What exciting things do you have planned?
 
Blog Design by April Showers