Saturday, May 12, 2012

That's what I've been - I say, that's what I've been telling you, boy! I am a chicken





The Boy had a little job this afternoon, doing a favor for a friend. The rest of the family stopped by to...you know, offer him our support. 


Because we're supportive like that.

The fact that there was a dunking booth and free food and wine (it was a promotion for Rex-Goliath Wines) had absolutely nothing to do with our show of support. C'mon, be honest - if your son dressed up as a giant rooster and waved at cars and gave people hugs - wouldn't you be go take pictures and laugh be supportive, too?


That's a joke, I say that's a joke, son!

I made a funny, son, and you're not laughin'!

His muscles are as soggy as a used tea bag.

I say, boy, pay attention when I'm talkin' to ya, boy!

That, I say that boy's just like a tattoo, gets under your skin.

Pay attention to me, boy! I'm not just talkin' to hear my head roar!


That, I say that's dog's busier than a centipede in a toe countin' contest!

Now I say, who's responsible for this unwarranted attack on my person?

This boy's more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind!

That boy's like taxes, he just don't know when to stop!

Look sister, is any of this filterin' through that little blue bonnet of yours?

Stop, I say stop it boy, you're doin' a lot of choppin' but no chips are flyin'!

This is gonna cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show!

Mr. Wonderful enjoyed the free wine, The Princess enjoyed laughing at her brother, a couple of the rooster's favorite chicks stopped by to visit, and Mommie Dearest enjoyed herself immensely taking photos and finding these great quotes. Which I imagine no one under the age of 40 will have a clue about! 

(PS. Mr. Wonderful tells me that no one is going to get my witty quotes from Foghorn Leghorn. *sigh* So the attached video is for those of you who don't have a clue who Foghorn Leghorn is.)



 
Blog Design by April Showers