Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Savoring summer

I have never been one of those mothers who can't wait for school to start.  I dread this time of year...I always have.  I actually like having my kids home with me (well, you know - most of the time!).  I enjoy the lazy days of summer and I like having my kids around!

The teenage attitude really doesn't start with C until he is back at school - obviously it has something to do with the influence of his peers.  When he is home with us he is still just the sweet kid he has always been.  Oh sure - he is obsessed with fishing...but as obsessions go, that's not a bad one to have to deal with!!

Anyway, this is our last week of summer vacation.  Tomorrow is orientation at the high school and we will find out his schedule.  I admit to quite a bit of trepidation after having to deal with the worst teacher in the world last year.  But, surely no one can ever be as bad as that, right?  

Our last week of summer vacation has been a busy one.  Yesterday was spent running from orthodontist (to take out P's wire), to dentist (cleanings and check-ups), and then back to the orthodontist (to put the wire back in and tighten everything). The good news, which P is thrilled about, is that she has been so great about wearing headgear and rubber bands that she only has 2-3 more months of the braces.  HOORAY!!

Today, the kids are going out to lunch with the youth group and then C has a doctor appointment...tomorrow is orientation...and Friday P has an audition.  Plus there is the possibility of another showing...so I have to keep the house clean, just in case.  

I am trying to savor these last few days of laziness and freedom before it all comes to a screeching halt with alarm clocks, and schedules, and homework, and activities....

I'm not sure who is dreading the start of the school year more...the kids or me!!
 
Blog Design by April Showers