Friday, October 8, 2010

Aaahhh...solitude.

I am all alone tonight...and it feels absolutely heavenly.


Mr. Wonderful took the princess to ballet tonight, and after I dropped C at the football game this evening I realized that I was completely alone in a quiet house for several hours.  


I quickly folded a load of the perpetual laundry, straightened the kitchen, and then...


I completely indulged myself and began luxuriating in the silence (so rare!) and the lovely breeze billowing through the windows.


I twisted my hair up on top of my head and slathered a mask on my face.
I poured a generous dollop of bubble bath in the tub and settled in for a nice, long soak with my book...
When the water began to cool off and my skin was beginning to wrinkle, I dried myself off and slathered a bunch of creamy, floral scented body lotion on and then put on my oldest, softest, most comfortable nightie.  And THEN...
(not my feet)

I gave myself a pedicure.  

I am reveling in this "me" time.  I am captivated by the quiet and peace of the house...

It is only 7:46 pm and I have ensconced my lotion slathered, masked and pedicured self in bed with my book and a glass of wine...the kitties are curled at the foot of the bed sleeping, and Lucy is sleeping by the door.  The breeze is wafting through the window, billowing the curtains.  It is quiet.  It is serene and peaceful...

I am relishing this perfect, solitary evening and basking in the luxury of pampering myself for a few hours.

It is heavenly.







 
Blog Design by April Showers