Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Eve: A long and rambling post

Today's post is going to be an ongoing event - I plan to add to it throughout the day...


Yesterday I went to Walmart, which reminded me of why I don't really like shopping there.  Anyway, I did get some supplies for C's party and a few more pumpkins.  The kids, supervised by Lucy and Roxy, carved the pumpkins after school...
Clearly, they're not interested in cooperating with the papparazzi today...


I have to snap pictures when they're not looking...

Whoops...guess he sees me.

Lucy (to the left) and Roxy (on the right by the mums) supervising...

This takes immense concentration...

Because you want it to be just right...

Look - a smile!
Look - another smile!

Yesterday we also made deviled eyeballs and more decorative ghosts, and the kids baked cookies.  WE finalized the details of our costumes...I will be a witch (it seemed apropos!), and P is going to be a flight attendant.  She is wearing one of my old uniforms, which is a perfect fit, and I must admit that it is really quite strange to see my baby girl wearing it!  C...has his own unique costume planned.  You'll have to wait for the photos!

Today we will be cleaning, making more spooky party food (witches' fingers, monster toes, and bat brew) as well as learning to make spring rolls.  We'll also be decorating - putting up cobwebs, setting up the jack-o-lanterns, and putting ghosts and spider decorations on the table while listening to spooky music.

I think I am as excited as the kids about their party.  I'm also looking forward to tomorrow when an old flight attendant friend of mine will be in town.  The kids and I will pick him up and take him to lunch tomorrow.  I can't wait to see him.

I'll be adding more stuff, and more photos, to this post throughout the day - so check back!  

UPDATE #1
11:59 PM
ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?
************************

The house is still a mess, because I am refusing to do the cleaning when it is THE BOY who is having a party in just a few hours.  And it is THE BOY who told his friends to come over to said party several hours earlier than said starting time of said party.

So, although it wasn't fun, I summoned my inner Mommie Dearest and yelled at THE BOY and threatened to cancel said party if THE BOY did not start participating.  THE BOY is now in a pouty mood.  I do not care.

More updates later.  I'll bet you're on the edge of your seat waiting for the next installment of the party saga, right?

UPDATE #2
3:42 PM
The pre-party?

KTP came over around 12:30 and gave us all lessons in making spring rolls.

C was KT's sous-chef...
And then he tried his hand at it...


Those spring rolls were yummy...rice noodles, cucumbers, bean sprouts, basil, mint and scallions...

A short while later B & L came over to help decorate.  P worked on the "monster toes" and B & L made witches' fingers...


UPDATE #3
6:03 PM

Please note the time.  The party (ahem) is supposed to begin at 6:30.

Yeah.

Monster fingers...
Bat brew...

Deviled eyeballs...
Thai spring rolls

and cookies!
The costumes...



My son...the "seductive dancer"....

I'm sorry.  I just don't even know what to say about it.

My son's mind works in mysterious ways.

Race car driver and cowgirl...

My daughter the flight attendant...

Boo!


FINAL UPDATE:
9:09 AM

A few more random photos from C's little get together...

C's friend L stopped by for a bit...
C apparently got  a bit mouthy with L, and had to be taught a little lesson.

By the way, I don't know if I've ever mentioned on this blog how much I adore C's best buddy Miss "B", but I do!  She is beautiful, sweet, kind and respectful.  But the main reason I love this girl can be seen in the above photo.  Look behind the boys, see her posing?

And again here?

The papparazzi LOVES a willing and eager subject.
I'm just saying....

Eventually the kids trooped back inside the house to hang with the uber-cool moms...

Poor old Lucy was all tuckered out and tried to drop a few hints to the kids that it was way past her bedtime and they all needed to go home...

Eventually, they did.

Happy Halloween!



























 
Blog Design by April Showers