Saturday, October 2, 2010

Housekeeping...blog style.

I have some "housekeeping" I need to take care of here on this blog.  A few things I've been meaning to say, but keep forgetting to say...


I realized that we have had our new car for 3 months now, and I haven't told you how we are liking it.  In fact, other than my weekly kvetching about rude SUV drivers who hate hybrids, I haven't said much about it at all.  




We like it.  We really, really like it.  I especially like it (particularly after driving a big ol' minivan for so many years!)  It's fun to zip around in, and I can fit into any parking space now.  But the absolute, number one reason that we like the new car so much is this...
This is actually the picture I took (at a stoplight) right before  I made it to 50 mpg!!!  My personal best!  I DID try to get a picture when it flipped over to 50, but it came out all blurry.  Anyway, getting 45+ miles per gallon is the main reason we love this car.  The SUV's still hate it though.

** If anyone reading this drives an big ol' SUV, please do not take this personally - it is meant to be slightly humorous.  It is true however that the humongous gas guzzling behemoths always glare at me when I drive the anteater.  Which is what Mr. Wonderful calls the car.  But I digress...the point I'm trying to make is that I really don't hate SUV's or SUV drivers.  Really.**

Anyway, I've been meaning to tell you about the car, but I always seem to forget.  We love it.  The anteater rocks.

I also wanted to say thank you.  To you.  All of you who check in here day after day and read my silly little ramblings.  All of you who have told me, or emailed me, or commented to tell me that you like this little blog of mine and that you look forward to reading it.  You have no idea how much it means to me to hear that!  It makes my day!  

So thank you!  You rock!

That's all the "housekeeping" for today...I'll leave you with some pictures from the past week that never made it onto the blog...
 The eagles have been hanging out on the boathouse all week....


 It's been lovely weather here, cooler and breezy...so Mr. Wonderful and Princess P and I have been taking Lucy for walks as often as we can...
 Naturally, I always bring my camera...
 Clearly, he was very impressed with the breakfast sandwich he made!
 And clearly, Mr. Wonderful was mesmerized by something in the paper.  Or else, he just didn't want me to take his picture...
 Because it has been so balmy, we have had the windows opened...
 and the kitties are captivated by the sounds and scents wafting through the screens...
 Speaking of the kitties, Gus is just over a year old...
 And Jack is only 8 months old.  He's still growing.
We're just a teeny tiny bit concerned about just how big he is going to get!


 
Blog Design by April Showers