Sunday, January 8, 2012

Catching Up...

The past week has been a busy one. School started back up...and so did dance classes and mandatory concert critiques and carpool duty. The kids had homework and waking up and getting going so early in the morning - after sleeping late and having leisurely starts to the day for the past two weeks - was not easy.


In spite of all the hustle and bustle and rushing to and fro, we managed to sneak some fun in.


A long, long time ago when I was just a naive little 15 year old, I had THE best year of high school. I attended a high school named for a famous Confederate General (this IS the south, after all.) 

10th grade was the best. I had wonderful friends and just loved high school. Then the following year we moved...and it just wasn't the same. But I digress - this is about 10th grade at Lee High School where I met a Swedish exchange student named Mie. We became good friends - and then she went back to Sweden and I moved away and we lost touch.



Luckily, Facebook appeared on the scene and 30 a few years after we lost touch, we found each other again through the miracle of the world wide web (and a little help from Mark Zuckerberg).

32 A few years after we last saw each other, Mie is in town visiting her host family. We got together the other evening after The Princess's dance class to visit and reminisce and laugh...and share a bit of chocolate too!






This afternoon there was a little get together with a few of Mie's (and my) old really, really YOUNG friends. Mie introduced my husband to everyone as "Mr. Wonderful" which cracked me up! 

There were lots of photographs...


And hugs and smiles...



And laughter.





I remembered why I loved my sophomore year of high school so much. These people - these friends - are fabulous.

And Mie? Mie is the best. I am so happy that I got to spend some time with her. And now I am trying to figure out a way I can hop on a plane and fly to Sweden for another visit!

Goda vänner är ovärderliga!!





 
Blog Design by April Showers