Sunday, January 22, 2012

Saturday Night's Alright, Alright, Alright....

Last night I was lying in bed reading a book and Mr. Wonderful was sitting outside by the pool reading a book. Yes, sadly, this is "Saturday Night Fun" for us these days. This is what happens when you've been married forever.

Anyway, as I was saying, Mr. Wonderful was outside reading his book when I heard him start laughing. And keep laughing. He walked into the house, still chuckling to himself. "What's so funny?" I asked him. He, still laughing, explained that the neighbors (we're not sure exactly WHICH neighbors - sound carries over water, so they could be anywhere) were fighting. And it amused him. 

He said that the female was raking the man over the coals. "You're not supportive enough!" "Yes, I am!" "You don't do anything around here!" "Yes, I do!" 

And apparently there were some "F-bombs" being thrown around along with a few other choice words. And all of this was done at full volume. There was shouting and screaming and cursing and tears. It was, apparently, quite the drama.

The Princess - who has been enjoying being an only child this weekend while her brother is away at a church function - overheard her father recounting the story and she began giggling. "Really? Right outside? You can hear all this?" She grabbed her laptop, giggling to herself, and went outside to listen to the dramatic breakup.

I, of course, scurried outside right behind her.

Not to eavesdrop on the drama - but to document the moment for YOU!

I know, I know. You can thank me later.

I grabbed my cell phone to take photos, since it was sitting right there. Unfortunately, the results were less than stellar.


I was mumbling to myself trying to figure out why the photos were so awful, while The Princess was shushing me so that she could hear the argument...


Then I figured out how to turn on the flash.


I decided to leave The Princess to her tawdry pasttime and go inside. This decision had nothing to do with the fact that I couldn't see anything and was a tiny bit fearful of falling into the pool. Nothing at all.


When I walked back inside I saw that The Princess was documenting her fun-filled Saturday evening.

We're party animals around here. 
Do we know how to have fun, or what?!!
Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting


 
Blog Design by April Showers