Monday, January 30, 2012

A look back...

The other day as I was deleting old photos from my memory card, I came across the photos I took at the beach at Thanksgiving time. I was trying to get a photo of the kids for our Christmas cards. I did, finally, get a great picture...

But it wasn't easy!

The first time I tried to get the perfect, sunset shot Mr. Wonderful suggested we go to a beach further away. As we were driving there, the sun was rapidly sinking lower and lower and I was getting more and more antsy. I fussed and fussed and the family giggled at my consternation. Which, frankly, wasn't very nice of them!

And...I knew it! By the time we got to the beach, the sun was almost gone and it was too dark for photos. The kids and Mr. W. had a great time mimicking my irritation.

I gently and calmly explained to the precious angels and the love of my life that it's not nice to laugh at Mommie Dearest...

And then I pouted.

Anyway, the next evening we (meaning me) decided to try again. The kids, naturally, felt just terrible about making fun of me the day before and so were quite eager to cooperate.

Yeah, right.

Mr. Wonderful kept sighing and acting like a martyr because I was keeping him from the hot tub and a beer.

Guess who doesn't believe in shaving while on vacation?

Anyway, I turned my camera towards the kids and just kept shooting and hoping for the best...

I decided to let the kids get the silliness out of their systems...



I kept waiting.

And waiting

While I watched them cavorting around on the sand, I was nervously watching the sun sinking lower and lower in the sky...




The hilarity showed no signs of letting up. They were clearly very amused with themselves.

Finally, I sternly told them to "C'mon! Act serious!"


And they did. They looked like their best friend had died.


So I gave up. I just let them be and I kept clicking.


And when I got home and reviewed the many, many, many photos I had taken, I discovered that while I HAD gotten the perfect Christmas card picture...

I had also managed to capture some wonderful photos that just captured the essence of The Boy and The Princess.


Even though they are "out takes", they're also treasures.







 
Blog Design by April Showers