Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten Things on Tuesday: Mommie Dearest and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day



1. I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad yesterday. A realtor had contacted us over the weekend. We took our house off the market a few months ago and have been sort of half-heartedly trying to sell it by owner. This realtor said that she was showing waterfront homes and would like to show ours too. We set up a time and I spent the entire day feverishly cleaning the pigsty house. I'll be honest - I haven't been keeping up with the house the past few months. It was not looking good. So I spent the entire day trying to make it look like nice, normal people live here rather than a herd of stinky buffalo.


2. In the midst of my cleaning jag The Princess texted me to tell me that she had to stay after school for a rehearsal and would need to be picked up...right about the same time as the showing. I fretted about how to accomplish everything while I cleaned.

3. The Boy offered to pick up his sister. I reluctantly agreed - it's a long drive and it was in rush hour traffic. I fretted even more while I waited for the realtor to show up.

4. I waited. And waited. And waited. And guess what? She never showed up! And she never called, or texted, or emailed, or even sent a flipping owl! 

5. I was NOT happy.

6. Seriously? In this age of instant communication she couldn't even manage to let me know that she wasn't coming, after all? I hate realtors. 

7. The Boy and The Princess arrived home safely although The Princess walked in the door looking like a hoochie-mama with all the stage makeup and rhinestones on her face...



The hair was supposed to resemble a mohawk. I can't wait to see this dance - it should be interesting!

8. And then we ate dinner. And during dinner I apparently, somehow, managed to bang my teeth together and chip a tooth. 

I am marred. Disfigured. Hideous.

And really annoyed.

It's all the dadgum realtor's fault.

9. I ate some chocolate ice cream to make myself feel better. It DID make me feel better. But my tooth is still chipped and I still keep looking in the mirror and wanting to cry. Another realtor is supposed to be coming by this morning to look at the house so that "he can better describe it to clients" but I know that I'm really going to have to sit through a spiel about why HE will be able to sell our house, blah de blah blah.

Unless he takes one look at my hideously grotesque chipped tooth and runs away screaming in fright. I can dream, right....

10. Anyway, as you can see, I was in a really rotten mood and feeling sorry for myself. But then this morning, I saw this...

I grabbed my camera and shuffled out onto the dock in my bedroom slippers and took a deep breath...


I listened to the birds chirping...


And I let the peace of the new morning envelop me...





I sat at the end of dock, listening to the world wake up. I watched the mullet jumping and I felt serene.

Things could be worse.

And as problems go, mine really aren't so bad.







Don't worry, Be happy






 
Blog Design by April Showers