Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The One About a Pet Peeve

I'm going to tell you about one of my pet peeves today. This is a big one...it absolutely drives me bonkers. Sadly, I have a lot of little pet peeves such as rude drivers who cut in front of me forcing me to slam on brakes or loud cell phone talkers in restaurants and stores or store employees who answer the phone and then proceed to answer the phone caller's questions while ignoring the LIVE PAYING CUSTOMER standing right in front of them.


But today's pet peeve is brought to you by the bullseye store. You all know the one I mean...the store where you have to walk in front of your cart in order to pay and the employees pile all of your bags on the tiny little shelf behind you and then wait for you to put them in your cart whilst they stand there idiotically holding the receipt rather than helping store the bags in the cart. It. Infuriates. Me.

Does this bother anyone else? 

And yes, I did take a photo of the situation and yes, the idiotic cashier with the huge gauge stretching his earlobe looked at me curiously (still standing there holding the receipt waiting for me to scurry around to load the bags) as I told him, huffily, that I had to take a photo to send to the bullseye store. 

Is huffily even a word?

Anyway. Whew. I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest. Mr. Wonderful listens to me rant about this issue and then raises his eyebrow and asks, "Why don't you just stop shopping there? WalMart is right down the road."

Men.

*sigh*

They just don't get it.

UPDATE: I've been tweeting the bulleye store all morning, letting them know of my displeasure with (a) their rude employees and/or (b) their store policy. They responded, finally, with this:

 We're always working on improving your shopping experience so thanks for sharing your comments.

I'll continue to tweet obnoxiously. Obviously, it won't do anything to change their condescending store policy...but it makes me feel better to know that I am possibly (but probably not) annoying them as much as their employees annoy me.


 
Blog Design by April Showers