Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with my post yesterday - I think I have just been biting my tongue for months with all the negative emails and comments I receive (the kids aren't the only ones who have been given a hard time), and I was feeling excited from the rally. I guess the final straw was when we walked out of the rally feeling happy and proud, and a bunch of - I don't know..troublemakers, I guess - started yelling stuff at people coming out of the arena. Someone had hired a plane with a banner with a negative comment to fly overhead. I just really don't understand why people have to make it personal - and attack your intelligence and patriotism, etc. simply because you disagree. It is also difficult to explain such behavior to my children - because I don't understand it myself.

Anyway, if my earlier post seemed excessively defensive - sorry about that. I would never want to impose MY views on others. I think that we should all be free to make our own decisions based on our own criteria and I definitely think personal and negative attacks (whether of the candidates or of ME) should be off limits. It should be about the issues. Period.

Whatever happens with the election results - I am so glad this nasty campaigning period is OVER. Enough, already!

OK, enough of that...on to other topics. I have been fighting a migraine for the past two days. It goes away for a couple of hours, then comes back. Miserable. I think I really need to see another doctor (great! You know how I love that!) and try another prescription. There has got to be something that will work! On a more positive note - some of you know that I had an MRI (follow up) done a few weeks ago. Everything is fine, and I don't even need to continue with follow up MRIs anymore. I love Mayo Clinic - they are very thorough, and test anything and everything - but wow, what a pleasant environment and excellent healthcare! Anyway, I am healthy and fine (except for this darn migraine).

I hope everyone reading this is doing well - blue or red, I love ya! If we were all the same, life would be very boring!


 
Blog Design by April Showers