Saturday, November 8, 2008

Watch the Body Talk........



We just got home from The Florida Ballet's Watch The Body Talk , which is their fall performance. It was wonderful (not just because Paige was in it!). The first piece was a contemporary ballet set to music by Rufus Wainwright - very cool. The next one was called Sea Interludes...also sort of a contemporary ballet. Finally, Fairest of them All, which was a modern adaptation of Snow White. Paige played the young Snow White - and I know I am biased, but...she was fabulous!! I couldn't get any photographs during the performance, but these are from afterwards as Paige was walking out the stage door. The stage makeup looks heavy in these photos, but barely shows up on stage.

We were truly impressed by the ballet pieces. As I said, they were sort of modern and I just wasn't expecting something so unique and cutting edge in Jacksonville! We are very lucky to have such a wonderful program here, and very grateful that Mrs. Byrd invited Paige to participate. She was the youngest trainee (and definitely the smallest) in the production and I think she did a great job. Now I can't wait to see her in Nutcracker........
 
Blog Design by April Showers